BANGOR, Maine — One of four men charged in connection with the Aug. 23 burglary and theft at an Orrington gun store pleaded guilty Monday to federal firearms charges.

Corey Ryan Damon, 19, of Millinocket pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to theft of firearms from the premises of a federally licensed dealer and possession of stolen firearms.

A sentencing date has not been set.

Damon is being held without bail at the Somerset County Jail pending the outcome of the case.

He pleaded not guilty to the charges last month.

Tyler Damon, 18, of Brewer and Brandon Caparotta, 19, of Winterport have been charged with the same federal offenses. The Damons are cousins.

In addition, Robert Ryan Barker, 30, of Dedham was indicted last month on charges of possession of stolen firearms, making a false statement in a firearms application, and possession of firearms and ammunition after being involuntarily committed to a mental institution after a gun found in his possession was linked to the Orrington burglary.

All three men have pleaded not guilty to the charges and have been released on bail. Caparotta is scheduled to plead guilty to the charges on Nov. 10 in federal court in Bangor.

Tyler Damon was scheduled to plead guilty to the charges on Oct. 21, but that hearing was canceled and has not been rescheduled. His trial is set tentatively for Nov. 29.

The Damons were arrested a few hours after the Aug. 23 burglary on charges related to a stolen vehicle Corey Damon allegedly was driving, and they were taken to the Penobscot County Jail, according to an affidavit filed in federal court. Caparotta was arrested Aug. 26.

The owner of the Orrington gun shop was alerted to the burglary by barking from Buddy, the family dog. Don Barrett, who has operated the gun shop in the basement of his home on Mill Creek Road for 30 years, was awakened by the Jack Russell terrier at about 2:45 a.m. Aug. 23.

A few minutes later, he found the door to his shop open and three Winchester rifles on the floor. Barrett told police he saw a car and a truck leaving the scene.

While investigating the burglary, Maine State Trooper Christopher Hashey learned a truck had gone off Wiswell Road in Brewer. The truck, which was being driven by Corey Damon, was reported stolen from Corinth, and in the bed of the truck was a motorcycle reported stolen from Winterport, according to police.

Caparotta was arrested three days later after investigators learned of his alleged involvement in the theft.

Barker was not taken into custody but appeared in court when ordered to after his indictment.

Each man, including Corey Damon, faces up to 10 years in federal prison and a fine of up to $250,000.