BREWER, Maine — A little more than 24 hours after his family reported him missing, Corey Grenier’s body was found by relatives Saturday morning in the Penobscot River.

The body of the 21-year-old from Greenbush, who most recently had resided in Bangor, was discovered floating on the Brewer side between Maine Motel Supply and the Brewer boatyard on South Main Street.

“We had reason to believe the last place he was seen was in that area,” said Brewer Detective Sgt. Jay Munson on Saturday. “The missing persons report was filed with Bangor PD yesterday.”

The body was found before 9 a.m. Saturday.

Munson said an autopsy would be performed Monday and the case remains under investigation.

Police were assisted by Marine Patrol, which was already in the area looking for the body of 22-year-old William Hilderbrand of Bangor, who was seen jumping from the Joshua Chamberlain Bridge on Nov. 4.

“We searched from the Narrows Bridge to Fort Point near the state park by boat with family members, Dirigo Search and Rescue, and tried to get an imaging mission from a fixed-wing aircraft, but the sun was already down in the horizon reflecting off the water by the time they were able to be ready today,” said Richard Bowie, director of Down East Emergency Medicine Institute, on Saturday. “With the imagery, we’re just looking for colors to try and match up with what we know William was wearing.”

A full imagery air search was conducted noon-1 p.m. Sunday starting at the Verso Paper Mill in Bucksport to Fort Point. That effort involved a twin-engine, two-person Citabria airplane.

“We shot at low tide today from 12:30 to 1 p.m. with the sun right above us. It was optimal conditions,” Bowie said Sunday. “We got 378 high-quality images of the river from the mill down to the bay, and we found one object of interest.”

A search crew was taken to the area located in Gondola Bay, the first inlet south of the Penobscot Narrows Bridge, and worked during high tide until dusk.

“They had to close down without being able to retrieve anything, but will be back at first light Monday,” Bowie said.

Bowie said about a dozen officials, friends and family members were looking Saturday and Sunday, the eighth and ninth days of the search for Hilderbrand.