BANGOR, Maine — A Washington County man whose drug case was dismissed last year by a Superior Court judge was sentenced Wednesday in U.S. District Court to four days in jail, or time served, for violating the terms of his federal supervised release.

Fred M. Rini, 44, of Cherryfield admitted to smoking marijuana and leaving the scene of an accident in 2010, according to court documents.

In addition to jail time, U.S. District Judge John Woodcock terminated Rini’s supervised release, which would have ended in September 2010 if he had not violated his conditions.

Rini served the four days of jail time in September after the state charges were dismissed and before U.S. Magistrate Judge Margaret Kravchuk released him on personal recognizance bail while a motion to revoke his supervised release was pending, Don Brown, the Brewer lawyer who represented Rini in both cases, said Friday.

More than six years ago Rini pleaded guilty in federal court in Ohio to drug conspiracy, drug possession and health care fraud charges for illegally obtaining and selling oxycodone.

He was sentenced in November 2005 in U.S. District Court in Cleveland to three years and four months in prison along with three years of supervised release. He also was ordered to pay nearly $750 in restitution to the Ohio Medicaid Program.

Rini came to Maine from Ohio in September 2009, about a year after he was released from federal prison. After the move, his supervision was transferred to the Bangor office of U.S. Pre-trial and Probation Services.

He was on supervised release in 2010 when he was indicted by the Washington County grand jury for aggravated trafficking in marijuana, a Class B crime, and of aggravated trafficking in cocaine, a Class A crime.

Superior Court Justice Robert Murray dismissed the state charges against Rini on Sept. 23, 2011, on the fourth day of the his jury trial on those charges. Murray said evidence that should have been shared with Rini’s defense attorney was not given to him.

Rini was held at the Washington County Jail from his arrest in July 2010 until the charges were dismissed because he was unable to post the $25,000 cash bail set in the case.