DRESDEN, Maine — Donations to help a family that lost its home to a Thanksgiving Day fire are being accepted at the town office.
Albert and Rosemary Lilly were out of their home at 1115 Middle Road when it burned; they were having their holiday meal at their daughter’s home.
Fire Chief Gerald Lilly, Albert Lilly’s brother, said that a wood stove caused the fire, which triggered the explosion of a propane tank. The two-story home was totally involved when he arrived at the scene, he said.
The Red Cross has set the couple up with a temporary residence at a motel in Edgecomb, Chief Lilly said.
Meanwhile, donations to help the family can be directed to the town office. The office is open from 1 to 6 p.m. Monday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, 1 to 8 p.m. Thursday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday.
Chief Lilly said his brother’s home was insured.
“But he realizes he doesn’t have anything left,” Gerald Lilly said. “He can only get better from here.”