WINTHROP, Maine — A 17-year-old boy has been charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of a couple whose bodies were found Monday in their Pine Knoll Road home after an early morning 911 call.

The bodies of Antonio and Alice Balcer, both 47, were discovered shortly after police arrived at the home following a 1:45 a.m. emergency call, according to Maine State Police spokesperson Stephen McCausland.

Investigators were not releasing the juvenile suspect’s name or exact age on Monday.

Augusta attorney Walter McKee confirmed early Tuesday that the Balcers’ 17-year-old son, Andrew Balcer, is being charged with two counts of murder. McKee said in an email that he is representing the juvenile.

The teenager is expected to make his first court appearance Tuesday afternoon at the Capital Judicial Center in Augusta.

McKee said he would oppose efforts by the prosecution to try Andrew Balcer as an adult.

Antonio Balcer was retired from the U.S. Coast Guard and a member of the Exiles Motorcycle Club, McCausland said. Balcer, known as “The Rev,” served as a road captain and webmaster for the organization, which bills itself as the oldest motorcycle club in Maine, according to its website.

Alice Balcer worked at the Winthrop Veterinary Hospital.

The boy charged was taken to Long Creek Youth Development Center in South Portland and will make his first court appearance at the Capitol Judicial Center in Augusta at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, McCausland said.

“There is not a lot of information that can be released today,” he said.

More details about how the Balcers died should be part of the court record, said McCausland, who declined to say how the teenager is connected to the couple.

The official cause of deaths will not be known until Tuesday, according to Mark Belserene, spokesman for the medical examiner’s office.

“The autopsies are scheduled for tomorrow morning,” Belserene said in a Monday afternoon email. The bodies “were just transported here a short time ago from the scene.”

Maine State Police investigators continue to interview people involved and the Major Crime Unit’s evidence response team will return Tuesday to continue gathering evidence from inside the home, McCausland said.

BDN writer Judy Harrison contributed to this report.