Firefighters rescued a Wales man who was trapped inside a burning home early Tuesday morning. Credit: Courtesy of the Wales Fire Department

Firefighters rescued a Wales man who was trapped inside a burning home early Tuesday morning.

The fire happened around 12:20 a.m. on Pond Road.

Firefighters used a ladder to get to the man and help him climb down from a second-floor bedroom window.

The man was alert and talking after he was saved from the fire.

The home was a total loss, and the fire appeared to have started in a dryer.