BANGOR, Maine -&nbspA Waldo County man and woman arrested Monday for speeding down Interstate 95 at 108 mph were arrested again Wednesday at Bangor International Airport after the plane they were on was forced to return to the gate because of their alleged unruly behavior.

Thomas Scott Selby, 42, and Dawn Parker, 29, both of Thorndike were expected to appear today in 3rd District Court in Bangor on charges of criminal threatening, criminal trespass, disorderly conduct and violation of bail conditions.

Because the pair is accused of violating bail conditions, bail on the new charges must be set by a judge.

The duo also will be talking with FBI agents, according to Bangor police, since crimes committed aboard commercial airliners are violations of federal law.

Information about their destination was not available Wednesday night but police said Monday night that Selby and Parker originally were from New York.

The couple, who previously lived in the Waterville area, were released on $1,000 unsecured bail Monday night after being arrested about 5 p.m. on eastbound Interstate 395. They reportedly passed an unmarked Maine state trooper going nearly 110 on Interstate 95 in a 65-mph zone before turning onto I-395, where the speed limit is 55 mph.

In that incident, Selby was charged with disorderly conduct. Parker was charged with criminal speeding and unlawful possession of scheduled drugs.

The two told Maine State Police on Monday that they were in a hurry to get to the airport for a 5 p.m. flight because Selby had a family emergency but the trooper was suspicious of their explanation. No plane tickets or receipts were found in their possession. In addition, they were headed away from BIA and it was 5:07 p.m. when they were pulled over by Trooper Forest Simpson.

The two went to the airport Wednesday morning and reportedly were loud and obnoxious at the ticket counter. Their disruptive behavior continued, according to Bangor police, after they passed through security at Gate 3.

They boarded the plane around 10:30 a.m. and continued to be disruptive, according to police, so the pilot returned to the gate. The couple were removed from the plane. When they refused to leave the airport, they were arrested, police said.

Unruly passengers forcibly removed from airplanes most often are charged with the federal crime of interference with a flight crew. That crime carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in federal prison and a maximum fine of $250,000.

The state charges the couple currently face in relation to the incident on the airliner are misdemeanors. The maximum sentence for the most serious charge is one year in jail and the maximum fine is $2,000.