BELFAST, Maine — Accused murderer Daniel Porter refused to tell police where Jerry Perdomo’s body and the murder weapon were hidden, saying that he would use the information as bargaining chips to get a lesser sentence, according to court documents released this week.

The 24-year-old Jackson man was denied bail Thursday on the charge of murder in the death of the 31-year-old Florida firefighter at a Jackson residence on Feb. 16.

Police have said that the crime was related to the illicit trafficking of prescription pills and that Porter owed Perdomo $3,000.

The affidavit in support of probable cause that Porter committed murder was filed Thursday in Waldo County Superior Court.

In it, police said that Porter’s father, Gary Porter, was the one who gave them the purported murder weapon on Feb. 29. He told police that his son said the Romanian semiautomatic assault rifle was the weapon used to shoot Perdomo. The affidavit does not say who owned the weapon or where it came from.

Gary Porter said that his son told him that his girlfriend, Cheyanne Nowak, and her toddler son had been inside the Jackson home when Perdomo made threatening statements. The father told police his son had shot Perdomo to protect the family, according to the affidavit.

Nowak told police, however, that she had left the house to pick up her toddler son while Porter and Perdomo were playing pool together. When she returned later that night, Porter told her Perdomo had left.

Daniel Porter told police that Perdomo had threatened, among other things, to rape Nowak for $500 of the money Porter owed him.

Among other details that emerged from the court documents:

• When police found Perdomo’s body off a twitch path near Dahlia Farm Road in Newburgh, it was wrapped in three blue tarps tied with rope at both ends. The body was lying on a red snow sled.

• Maine State Police Detective Darryl Peary spoke with Nowak, who said that on Feb. 19, three days after Perdomo’s death, Porter had left $6,000 in her bedroom at her Brooks home. He then instructed her to go shopping for vehicles the next day.

“They purchased their new vehicle from Lee Auto in Bangor and she gave Daniel Porter the money that he originally gave her and he paid the dealer $8,700 in cash. She believes Porter had $4,000 remaining,” the affidavit stated.

The affidavit did not say where the money came from. But Nowak told police she had not seen the Florida man with any cash.

• On March 2, detectives found a Glock Model 30 semiautomatic handgun and two cell phone charger cords which they believe belonged to Perdomo. The items were found in the snow at the base of a tree on property located on Village Road in Jackson, near the intersection with Hadley Mill Road.

• Maine Chief Medical Examiner Margaret Greenwald told Peary that Perdomo died after being shot in his right ear canal. The “fired projectile” exited his skull just below his left ear.

• After Porter was arrested and taken to Waldo County Jail, he allegedly said that “the cops have enough evidence to make me happy, but not enough to make them happy,” according to the affidavit.

Porter’s defense attorney, Jeffrey Silverstein of Bangor, has said that Perdomo had engaged in threatening conduct and communications with Porter.

“This was not an unprovoked incident,” the attorney said. “I think more facts will come out.”

Porter’s family and friends, who have jammed the Waldo County Superior Courthouse during both his first appearance and his bail hearing, have strongly indicated that they believe Porter acted in self-defense. Several put on yellow T-shirts Thursday after the hearing was concluded that read “Free Dan” on the front and “We support the right to protect our families” on the back.