SANFORD, Maine — Police are seeking a man allegedly responsible for the attempted abduction of an 18-year old girl last month.

The victim was walking home on Eastern Avenue around 9 p.m. July 26, when a man exited his car and grabbed the victim from behind, Sanford Detective Sgt. Matthew Jones said.

Police have also announced a reward of $500 leading to the arrest and indictment of the suspect.

The victim was able to escape the suspect’s grasp, and a man walking his dog was able to distract the suspect by yelling at him, Jones said.

Police are also looking to speak with the dog-walking witness in hopes that he may have information leading to the suspect’s capture.

Those with information regarding this case should contact Sanford police’s Criminal Investigation Division at 324-9170, ext. 226. The department’s tip line can be used by pressing extension 4.

BDN sports freelancer Ryan McLaughlin grew up in Brewer and is a lifelong fan of the New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics and Boston Bruins.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *