PORT CLYDE, Maine — The car that drove onto a wharf in Port Clyde on Aug. 11, killing a 9-year-old boy and injuring two other people, will be inspected on Wednesday for possible mechanical defects.

Knox County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Tim Carroll said Monday the “vehicle autopsy” of the 2007 Infiniti would be done on Wednesday by Maine State Police Trooper Chris Rogers as well as a technician from Nissan. Nissan manufactures the Infiniti, the chief deputy said. The car was towed to a secure storage yard in Warren following the accident.

The technician is accompanying the trooper because he has equipment that can be used to better inspect the vehicle. The inspection should take three to four hours, the chief deputy said.

The car was driven by 61-year-old Cheryl Torgerson of New York City. She told officers on the day of the accident that she could not recall what had happened.

Carroll said that Sgt. John Palmer reviewed Torgerson’s cellphone and found no activity on it during the time of the accident.

Torgerson underwent a blood test, although officials from the sheriff’s department said there was no indication that she was under the influence. Results of that blood test have not been received.

Torgerson was interviewed immediately after the crash and she will be interviewed again after the vehicle is inspected, the chief deputy said.

The car accelerated as it approached the wharf where the Monhegan ferry operates, struck Jonathan Coggeshall, 68, of Port Clyde, crashed into a building and then careened along the wharf, striking six vehicles before hitting Allison Gold and her two children, all of Cohasset, Mass. Gold, 50, remained at Maine Medical Center in Portland on Monday, listed in satisfactory condition, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

The mother had originally been listed in critical condition. The satisfactory condition is an improvement from Saturday when she was listed in fair condition.

Her 9-year-old son Dylan Gold died as he was being taken by ambulance to a waiting LifeFlight helicopter that had landed a few miles away at a ballfield. Her 6-year-old son Wyatt Gold was released from hospital after a few days at Maine Medical Center.

Coggeshall was released from Pen Bay Medical Center in Rockport last week.