BATH, Maine — Firefighters who went to Libby Court on Thursday morning to respond to a report of a car fire inside a garage quickly found the flames had spread to a carport and throughout the attached home.

Crews were called shortly after 8:30 a.m. to 4 Libby Court, a one-and-a-half-story home owned by Patricia Prevorsek, according to city records.

Through the combined efforts of Bath, Brunswick, West Bath, Woolwich and Phippsburg firefighters, the blaze was extinguished in about an hour, according Bath Fire Capt. Chris Cummings.

Cummings said the subzero temperatures complicated the battle, as electrical equipment froze, batteries drained and firefighters tired more easily.

“The house is probably a total loss, but it’s still standing,” Cummings said.

No injuries were reported. Cummings was unsure whether the home was insured.

Investigators from the state fire marshal’s office were at the scene early Thursday afternoon. Cummings said he was not sure of the cause of the fire.