Support group listings run as space permits. Items are due at least seven to 10 days before the Thursday of publication. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail: The Weekly, P.O. Box 1329, Bangor ME 04402.
- Al-Anon meetings for relatives and friends affected by the excessive drinking of someone else, Bangor area and throughout Maine. Meeting times and locations, maineafg.org or 800-498-1944.
- Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Groups, 7-9 p.m. second and last Thursdays, Westgate Center for Rehabilitation and Alzheimer’s Care, 750 Union St. 942-7336 or email@example.com.
- Bangor Area Narcotics Anonymous meeting for families and loved ones of addicts. 6-7 p.m. Thursdays, St. Francis Center (old firehouse) across from St. Joseph emergency entrance, 368 Center St. Janice, 299-8802.
- Bereavement support for parents who have lost a child. 6-7:30 p.m. third Wednesdays, Brookings Smith Family Center, 163 Center St. Judy, 889-9025.
- Eastern Maine Crohn’s and Colitis Support Group for IBD patients, caregivers and family members, 6-7:30 p.m. second Thursdays, Dr. Frank Chapman Conference Room, 2nd floor, St. Joseph Hospital. 691-3132 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center Bereavement Support Group, 7-8:30 p.m. second and fourth Thursdays of each month, Cascade Room, Riverside Inn, 495 State St. Sandra Levesque, 973-6604.
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous, 6:30 p.m. Mondays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. Free. Twelve Step recovery program for those suffering from food obsession, overeating, under-eating and bulimia. 781-321-9118 or 942-1738.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Support Groups for anyone affected by mental illness, Acadia Hospital. Information and meeting schedule, Jean-Ann, 949-5658, or Betsy, email@example.com.
- Nicotine anonymous, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, conference room, Maine Veterans Home. Provides help for those who have quit smoking and want to stay that way. Larry, 843-7563.
- Safe Place, for those who have lost someone to suicide, 6:30-8 p.m. first Wednesdays, St. Josephs Healthcare Park, 900 Broadway. Peer led group with no fee. Associated with American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. afsp.org.
- Spruce Run-Womancare Alliance support groups for women affected by partner abuse. Day and evening groups; child care activities. Spruce Run-Womancare Alliance, 800-863-9909.
- St. Joseph Diabetes and Nutrition Center Diabetes Support Group, Willette Conference Center, Building 1, St. Joseph Healthcare Park, 900 Broadway. Meetings facilitated by a certified diabetes educator. Group members share tips on diabetes management. Open to all. Free. 907-1187.
- Bangor TOPS 0311, (Take off Pounds Sensibly), 9-10:15 a.m. Fridays, Nason Manor community room, 140 Hancock St. Vicky, 852-9061.
- Bangor Area Recovery Network recovery education and support, 6-7 p.m. Wednesdays, BARN Community Recovery Center, 142 Center St. Free. 561-9444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Central Maine Brain Injury and Stroke Support Group, 4-5 p.m. third Mondays, conference room, Brewer Center for Health and Rehabilitation. Open to survivors and caregivers. Patty, 989-7300, ext. 134.
- Cancer Support Center of Maine support group for cancer patients, 12:30 p.m. first Wednesdays, Bucksport Regional Health Center, 110 Broadway. Bring a bag lunch or snack. 469-6383.
- Vestibular Support Group for those experiencing dizziness, imbalance, vertigo or ringing in the ears, Brewer Physical Therapy and Spine Clinic, 51 Main Road. 989-4122.
- Al-Anon, 6-7 p.m. Fridays, East Orrington Congregational Church, 38 Johnson Mill Road. 284-1844 or email@example.com.