LEWISTON, Maine — The Lewiston Fire Department responded to a two-alarm house fire at 20 Mason Avenue Sunday morning.

Investigators say the house is considered a total loss due to combination of fire, smoke and water damage that spread between multiple floors.

Officials say one woman lived at the home, who was not home at the time. Officials say no one was hurt but three cats died in the fire.

Officials say the cause appears to be a space heater that was left on overnight. The fire isn’t considered suspicious.

Officials say the fire was knocked down in less than 30 minutes.