FIFA’s Blatter faces suspension

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has been provisionally suspended for 90 days by the ethics committee, according to multiple reports Wednesday.

Blatter allegedly signed a contract deemed unfavorable to soccer’s world governing organization and making a payment to UEFA president Michel Platini.

Platini is considered a candidate to replace Blatter as FIFA president in February during organizational elections. Both Blatter and Platini denied the latest accusations.

The FIFA ethics committee headed by Hans Joachim Eckhert will rule by Friday on whether or not to suspend Blatter. A 90-day suspension is the longest the ethics committee can hand out without a conviction.

Blatter also faces a ongoing criminal investigation for intentional mismanagement and misappropriation of FIFA money connected to a past television rights deal.

South Carolina shifts game to LSU

South Carolina’s home game against LSU on Saturday will be moved to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, because of intense flooding that ravaged the state last weekend.

Officials from both schools worked with the Southeastern Conference to determine a solution

“We made the extremely difficult decision to cancel classes for the week due to the stress 34,000 students would place on the region’s recovering infrastructure. There is no doubt 85,000 fans would exact the same toll,” University of South Carolina president Harris Pastides said in a statement. “In the spirit of supporting our South Carolina community that is so supportive of Gamecock Nation, we have decided to move the game to Baton Rouge.

“The stress on law enforcement and first responders is too great. Moreover, we’ve had many in the Carolina family directly impacted by the flooding.”

According to South Carolina budget projections, the school will lose nearly $4 million from game ticket sales by moving the game to LSU.

South Carolina’s Williams-Brice Stadium emerged from more than a foot of rain that hit the area relatively unscathed. Athletic director Ray Tanner said the game could have been played there Saturday.

Former Michigan player charged

A month after Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh dismissed offensive tackle Logan Tuley-Tillman from the program, he was charged with three felonies on Wednesday related to the alleged filming of a sex act with a woman without consent.

Tuley-Tillman was charged with two counts of capturing/distributing an image of an unclothed person and one count of using a computer to commit a crime. The alleged incident took place Sept. 4 in Ann Arbor, one day after the Wolverines opened the 2015 season against Utah.

According to the police report, Tuley-Tillman filmed the woman without her knowledge and sent it to his personal device without her permission.

The redshirt sophomore played in the opener against Utah. He entered the season listed as the No. 2 left tackle after playing in one game last year.

Harbaugh dismissed Tuley-Tillman from the team in September for “conduct unacceptable for a Michigan student-athlete.”

A preliminary examination is scheduled for Nov. 12. Tuley-Tillman is free on a $5,000 personal bond.

Pacquiao likely to retire after one more fight

MANILA — Filipino boxing great Manny Pacquiao, a winner of world titles in eight different weight categories, said he is likely to retire from the sport after one more fight next year.

Pacquiao, 36, last fought in May when he lost to American Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a long awaited bout between the sport’s best two fighters, dubbed the Fight of the Century, that failed to match the hype.

Pacquiao underwent surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff after the fight and had been expected to retire with little left to prove after achieving his long-stated goal of getting in the ring with Mayweather.

“I think I’m ready. I’ve been in boxing for more than 20 years,” he said in an interview with ABS-CBN on Wednesday.

The Filipino southpaw, who boasts a fight record of 57 wins, six losses and two draws, said he wanted to focus more on his political career.

Manziel’s grandfather loses home in ‘suspicious’ fire

Officials are investigating a fire that engulfed an east Texas home owned by the grandfather of Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel.

A blazed that destroyed the home and the belongings inside appears to be suspicious, Smith County Fire Marshal Jay Brooks said Wednesday.

Firefighters were called to the home owned by Paul Manziel early Wednesday. No one was in the house at the time of the fire.