WATERVILLE, Maine — Wiring concealed in an exterior wall was cited as the cause of a fire Thursday at a warehouse on Chaplin Street, according to a news release issued by Waterville fire Capt. John Gromek.

The fire that began in a second-floor wall at 8 Chaplin St. was reported about 11:45 a.m., Gromek said. He said it took approximately 20 firefighters from Waterville, Winslow and Fairfield less than an hour to put the fire out. No injuries were reported.

The building is owned by JSJ Realty Winslow, he said. It was not immediately clear what the building was being used for.

The fire’s cause was investigated by Gromek and the state fire marshal’s office.