A Skowhegan theater projectionist died after an electrical fire broke out inside his home theater on Friday, according to the Maine State Police.

William Lashon, 53, was found dead Saturday inside his home in Harvey’s mobile park after his mother called the Skowhegan police, telling them she had not seen Lashon since Thursday’s blizzard, according to Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland.

Investigators said electrical wiring in a room that Lashon had converted into a home theater caused a fire sometime Friday. The fire did not spread, McCausland said.

Lashon was the projectionist at the Strand Cinema in Skowhegan, an 89-year-old, restored downtown theater, McCausland said.

Lashon’s death is believed to be the the first fire death of 2018, according to McCausland.

Follow the Bangor Daily News on Facebook for the latest Maine news.

Avatar photo

Callie Ferguson

Callie Ferguson is an investigative reporter for the Bangor Daily News. She writes about criminal justice, police and housing.