Credit: Stock image | Pexels

An Oakland man died Tuesday night when a fire swept through his camper, according to the spokesman for the Maine Department of Public Safety.

Fire investigators believe the man is William Halley, 46, Stephen McCausland said Wednesday morning in an email.

The fire was reported about 5:30 p.m. by a neighbor.

Halley lived alone in the camper, which was parked in the driveway of a friend on Sawtelle Road, McCausland said.

Investigators with state fire marshal’s office believe the fire might have been caused by the camper’s propane heater.

Halley’s body was transported to the state medical examiner’s office in Augusta for examination, McCausland said.