A former priest accused of sexually abusing two boys in Maine in the 1980s has chosen not to testify at his trial.
Jurors began deliberations late Wednesday afternoon in the trial of Ronald Paquin in York County Superior Court.
Two men testified they were altar boys when Paquin befriended them and invited them on trips, including visits to Kennebunkport, Maine. Both said he repeatedly assaulted them. One of them said he was drugged.
Paquin, who’s 76, pleaded not guilty to 31 counts related to the assault of two boys between 1985 and 1988.
Paquin spent more than a decade in a Massachusetts prison for sexually assaulting an altar boy in that state. He was released in 2015, and was taken into custody in Maine last year.