A 7-month-old baby in Bethel was hospitalized after the child got ingested fentanyl found in a straw.
Deputies were called last Thursday about a choking child, and when they arrived, they found fentanyl near the child, according to the Oxford County Sheriff’s Office.
The baby was given the overdose reversing drug Narcan before being brought to a local hospital. The child was exposed to fentanyl that was believed to be in a straw next to the parent’s bed, the sheriff’s office said.
Authorities interviewed the parents of the child, and learned the child was exposed to fentanyl that was believed to be in a straw next to their bed.
The parents, 27-year-old Echo Dunn and 38-year-old Robert Pilgram, were charged with endangering the welfare of a child.
The Maine Department of Health and Human Services has taken the child into temporary custody.