BANGOR, Maine — The 10-year-old Hermon girl who was injured early Tuesday morning when a deadly fire swept through her family’s Wing Road mobile home, claiming the life of her 9-year-old cousin, has been discharged from Eastern Maine Medical Center, a hospital spokeswoman confirmed Thursday.

Ashlyn Parker suffered smoke inhalation during the fire, Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland said earlier this week.

The body of her cousin, 9-year-old Wyatt Parker II of Carmel, was found in the living room. He had spent the night at the residence with his two cousins. Ashlyn Parker was rescued from a bedroom. The fire, which remains under investigation, is believed to have started in the kitchen.

Ashlyn Parker’s 8-year-old brother, John Parker, managed to escape the residence and flag down passing motorists, who called 911.

The homeowners, John Parker and Lacey Reidy, had left the children alone after they got up to run errands, McCausland said.

Graveside funeral and committal services for Wyatt Parker II are scheduled for 11 a.m. Friday at Riverside Cemetery in Newport, with the Rev. Ellen Bridge officiating.

According to his obituary, Wyatt Parker’s parents are Wyatt and Christy Parker of Levant.

He recently completed the fourth grade at Carmel Elementary School and would have entered fifth grade this fall at Caravel Middle School in Carmel.

Investigators determined the one smoke detector found in the residence did not contain batteries. Investigators were told there were two smoke detectors in the residence, but they only found one, McCausland said.