We all know the big ones. The really annoying shit that all parents have to go though when raising children. The bath-time fights, the battles over dinner, the rally against bedtime. But what about all the less-important gripes?
As to make sure all the little things don’t go unnoticed here is a list of 20 slightly less-annoying things we as parents have to deal with:
1. When you’re driving and you’re looking for a place to park and your kid is asking you questions about utter nonsense.
2. Reaching over your kid to buckled them into their car seat.
3. How your kid plays with Legos differently than you want to play with Legos.
4. That other leg of the footy pajamas that doesn’t have the zipper that goes all the way down to the toe.
5. Putting boots on.
6. How you want to talk to and adult…a friend…someone…anyone, but your kid just won’t let you get a word in.
7. Restaurants charging you 6 bucks for Kraft Mac N Cheese off the children menu.
8. Taking boots off.
9. Daylight savings time.
10. Explaining to you kid why it’s important they share.
11. Your child asking for a snack 20 minutes before dinner is ready.
12. Your child asking for a snack 20 minutes after dinner is done.
13. Explaining proper hand-washing procedures.
14. Store checkout lines.
15. When you child informs you that YOU used a naughty word.
16. Cleaning up around the bowl because your little boy is still working on his bathroom aim.
17. When your kid asks for you to turn up Taylor Swift on the radio.
18. When you want to finish watching the movie Brave but your child doesn’t because “the big cartoon bears are scary”.
19.Trying to leave places before your child is ready to go.
20. Hearing “my legs are tired” 2 minutes after starting any and everything.