Jurors on Thursday found Robert Hansley, 29, of Brooklyn, New York, guilty of slaying a fellow drug dealer and seriously injuring another man in a Center Street apartment in Bangor two years ago.

Hansley, dressed in a blue striped dress shirt and tan slacks, did not react when the verdict was read.

The jury of five men and seven women deliberated for nearly five hours over two days before finding Hansley guilty of murder and elevated aggravated assault in connection with the death of ​ Robert “Ricco” Mark Kennedy, 38,​ of Bangor and the wounding of Barry “Slice” Jenkins, 43, of Brooklyn, ​New York, on Nov. 27, 2015.

Hansley’s co-defendant, Thomas “Ferg” Ferguson, 39, also of Brooklyn, ​ was found guilty of the same charges ​in June following a jury-waived trial. He is scheduled to be sentenced after the first of the year. Jurors were not told of Ferguson’s conviction.

Hansley’s defense attorney, Hunter Tzovarras, of Bangor, said at an impromptu press conference outside the courthouse after the verdict was announced that the convictions would be appealed to the Maine Supreme Judicial Court.

“Obviously, this wasn’t the outcome he wanted or expected,” Tzovarras said of his client’s response to the verdict. “But, he’s knows it’s not over yet because he knows there will be an appeal.”

Assistant Attorney General Robert “Bud” Ellis, who prosecuted both men, said Thursday outside the courthouse that his office was “extremely gratified” with the verdict.

“It’s been a long slog,” he said. “We’ve had two trials now with two co-defendants and we felt they were both guilty. The evidence was pretty compelling against both of them. We feel justice has been served with both verdicts.”

Ellis called Jenkins’ testimony as a surviving victim “extremely crucial.”

Jurors reached their verdict shortly after hearing a read back of Jenkins’ testimony about how events unfolded the night he was shot and Kennedy was killed.

On Wednesday, jurors asked to examine the murder weapon, which was sealed in plastic, and for a read-back of testimony about a phone call Ferguson received an hour before the shootings occurred about 3:30 a.m. the day after Thanksgiving 2015.

Ferguson allegedly was angry with Kennedy, the man who died, because Kennedy had bested him in an impromptu wrestling match in front of his friends, Jenkins testified at both trials.

Hansley and Ferguson, ​who waived his right to a jury,​ were tried separately.

Superior Court Justice William Anderson, who presided over both trials, granted a motion for separate trials because no judge in Maine had previously conducted a bench trial and a jury trial at the same time.

Anderson concluded after Ferguson’s trial that Ferguson was an accomplice but did not pull the trigger. The judge concluded that the evidence showed Hansley fired the gun.

The murder weapon was given to Ferguson to settle a drug debt, Anderson found.

Both men face 25 years to life in prison on the murder charges and up to 30 years in prison on the elevated aggravated assault charges.

Anderson will considered whether Hansley and Ferguson should serve the same amount of time in prison or whether Ferguson should serve less time because he was an accomplice.

Ellis declined Wednesday to comment on what sentences his office would recommend for either man. Tzovarras said he would recommend a sentence “a the low end” of the sentencing scale for murder.

Ferguson’s attorney, Jeffrey Silverstein of Bangor, declined Wednesday to comment on what sentence he would recommend.

Follow ​ the Bangor Daily News on Facebook​ for the latest Maine news.