BANGOR — Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is pleased to expand visiting hours to one visitor per day between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. beginning Wednesday, Feb. 16.
“We know seeing loved ones can help patients heal, and we are pleased to be able to give more time to visit,” says Sarah Joy, SHRM-SCP, director, Patient Experience, Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center. “We would like to thank our community members for their patience and understanding with visitation changes throughout the pandemic.”
Visitors must be over 18, in good health, free from COVID-19 symptoms, and pass the screening at the Main Entrance. Visitors are required to remain masked at all times, which means they may not eat or drink in the patient’s room.
Updated visitation conditions include:
· Adult Inpatients: One visitor is permitted per day between 10 am and 8 pm.
- Emergency Department (ED): All visitors are asked to wait outside the Medical Center until the patient has been assigned a room in the main ED. Once a patient has received a negative COVID-19 test result and is assigned to an ED room, they may have one visitor.
• End of Life: Two visitors at a time are permitted at the bedside 24 hours a day, up to four visitors per day.
• Labor and Delivery: One support person permitted 24 hours a day, support persons may not change during the stay.
• Pediatric/NICU: Two parents or guardians per patient per stay permitted 24 hours a day.
• Surgery/Procedure: One escort permitted while in these service areas. The escort is permitted to leave the Medical Center and return one time each day.
Alternative accommodations may be available if there are times when having a visitor or family member present beyond standard visiting hours is medically necessary.
Visitation for patients with COVID-19 symptoms remains restricted.
As rates of COVID-19 transmission change in the community, the Medical Center will continue to make adjustments to its policies to ensure everyone’s safety.
To review updated visitation, please see northernlighthealth.org/EMMCvisitors.