BANGOR, Maine — A New Hampshire fugitive wanted on four counts of aggravated felony sexual assault was caught Friday in Glenburn, according to Detective Bob Jordan of the Penobscot County Sheriff’s Office.

Patrick Eschenbrenner, 50, who has been staying at a Kelley Road address for about a month and a half, was arrested at 3:50 p.m. Friday, the detective said Monday.

“Police in Raymond, N.H., contacted me on Thursday about Eschenbrenner saying he was wanted for aggravated felonious sexual assault-incest,” Jordan said.

Sgt. Bill Birch and Detective John Trask assisted with Eschenbrenner’s capture, he said.

Eschenbrenner was taken into custody as a fugitive from justice, states a Raymond Police Department press release posted on the New Hampshire department’s website.

“Raymond Police Detective Richard Labell charged Eschenbrenner … alleging a pattern of events that occurred while the minor victim was between the ages of 7 and 11,” Raymond police Sgt. David Spinney said in the statement. “This victim was known to Eschenbrenner.”

The sergeant also said that “at the time of [Eschenbrenner’s] arrest, he was on bail for similar charges in two separate cases awaiting an appeal on a conviction.”

Spinney did not offer any details about those cases or the new charges.

However, the Union Leader newspaper based in Union, N.H., states that Eschenbrenner was convicted in 2006 by a Rockingham County Superior Court on charges of sexually molesting in 1998 a girl who was about 8 years old. He was sentenced to serve 10 to 20 years in prison but appealed his conviction.

He was granted a retrial and freed in July after Superior Court Chief Justice Tina Nadeau agreed the defense lawyer in Eschenbrenner’s first trial should have objected to the testimony of two Raymond police officers, the New Hampshire newspaper states.

Eschenbrenner was free on bail awaiting the retrial when Raymond Police Detective Richard Labell filed the four new counts of aggravated felony sexual assault.

After his arrest in Maine on the fugitive warrant out of New Hampshire, Eschenbrenner was taken to Penobscot County Jail. He made his first appearance in court on Monday and was returned to jail where he is being held on $10,000 cash bail.

His next court appearance is scheduled for Jan. 17 when a judge is expected to decide when he will be extradited to the Granite State.