BANGOR, Maine — A local teenager has been charged with robbery and theft in connection with the robbing of a man on Grove Street last week, police said.
The 17-year-old boy, whose identity Bangor police Sgt. Tim Cotton did not disclose because he is a minor, was an alleged accomplice of Joseph Paul, 23, of Levant.
Paul, who is facing charges of aggravated assault and robbery, was arrested on Friday, along with the teen, and Paul’s bail was set at $5,000 cash during a court appearance on Monday.
Cotton said the victim was assaulted with a section of 2-by-4 lumber. The victim suffered cuts to his head, bruises on his arms and legs, a wound to the back of his head requiring four staples and a broken nose.
The sergeant added an undisclosed amount of cash, some of which was recovered by police, was taken from the victim.
Among the conditions of Paul’s release are to not possess alcohol or drugs, not have dangerous weapons, submit to random searches and to not contact the victim.


