BANGOR, Maine — Taylor Johnson scored five points during a one-minute span during the final two minutes on Friday night, lifting Dartmouth College to a 73-66 men’s basketball victory over the University of Maine at the Cross Insurance Center.

Johnson poured in a game-high 29 points on 11-for-13 floor shooting to help the Big Green (2-4) withstand a second-half charge and beat the Black Bears.

Chris Knight tossed in 13 points and Brendan Barry posted 12 for Dartmouth, which shot 52 percent from the field (26-for-50), including 10-for-21 accuracy from the 3-point arc.

The Big Green outreobunded the Black Bears 32-24 and overcame 20 turnovers that led to 20 UMaine points.

Aaron Calixte (5 assists, 3 steals) and Vernon Lowndes Jr. paced the hosts with 13 points each and Andrew Fleming chipped in with 10 points and three assists.

UMaine shot 46 percent (25-for-54), but hit only 6 of 20 (30 percent) from long distance.

Dartmouth had expanded hits five-point halftime lead to 13 points with an 8-0 surge to open the second half. Two Aarin Rai free throws made it a 40-27 ballgame with 17:19 to play.

However, the Black Bears responded after a timeout, embarking on a 25-10 binge including two Dennis Ashley foul shots that put UMaine up 52-50 with 8:38 left.

Dartmouth regained the momentum late as Johnson broke a 63-63 tie with a 3-pointer at the 1:47 mark, then answered a UMaine miss with a jumper a minute later to make it a five-point game. Knight then made three of four from the foul line to put the game out of reach.

The Big Green led 32-27 at intermission after ending the first half with a 9-2 surge that covered the final 3:10.

Andrease Jackson got the run started with a layup that tied the game at 25-25. Taylor Johnson followed with a layup, then Myles Wright sank two free throws to give Dartmouth a four-point lead.

Vernon Lowndes Jr. countered with a jumper for the Black Bears, but Johnson’s 3-pointer with one second remaining sent the visitors into the locker room with a five-point cushion.